8. Greg drove at a constant speed in a rainstorm for 280 miles. He
took a break, and the rain stopped. He then drove 235 miles at a speed that was 7 miles per hour faster than his prrevious speed. If he drove for 12 hours, find the car’s speed for each part of the trip.
5. A college is creating a new rectangular parking lot. The length is 0.14 mile longer than the width and the area of the parking lot is 0.048 square mile. Find the length and width of the parking lot.
6. The area of a rectangular wall of a barn is 224 square feet. Its length is 12 feet longer than twice its width. Find the length and width of the wall of the barn.
7. The area of a triangle flag is 90 square centimeters. Its altitude is 2 centimeters longer than twice its base. Find the lengths of the altitude and the base.
9. The number of inmates N (meaasured in thousands) in federal and state prisons can be approximated by the equation N= -2.07x^2+77.82x+744, where x is the number of years since 1990. In what year was the number of inmates expected to be 1,405,830?
13. A security fence encloses a rectangular area on one side of a park in a city. Three sides of fencing are useed, since the fourth side of the area is formed by a building. The enclosed area measures 1352 square feet. Exactly 104 feet of fencing is used to fence in three sides of this triangle. What are the possible dimensions that could have been used to construct this area?
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post 8. Greg drove at a constant speed in a rainstorm for 280 miles appeared first on Superb Professors.