- River and city location- must include satellite imagery, additional maps & images optional
- River statistics- drainage basin area (square miles or sq km), length, discharge / flow rate
- City statistics- population, when founded, describe historical uses of the river
- Historical Flood Information
- Pick a flood that was ≥ 100-yr event and list the discharge and/or river stage and recurrence interval
- Describe the reasons the flood occurred (where did all the water come from? Hurricane? Tropical Depression? Snow melt? Tsunami?)
- Flood cost- deaths, financial loss, displaced persons, effects to infrastructure (roads, buildings, railways, dams, etc.)
- Flood Prevention Measures
- Describe any measures that the city or region has taken to mitigate against flooding, e.g., levees, dams. Discuss the effectiveness of these measures relative to the flood you profiled or relative to later flooding
- Positive Aspects of the River
- How does this city benefit from being located adjacent to the river? e.g., Hydroelectric power? Shipping? Tourism? Recreation?
It is our mission to promote academic success by providing students with superior research and writing, produced by exceptional writers and editors.
Our academic writers have all levels of degrees so that we can accommodate all academic levels. If you are a high school student, you will receive a personally assigned writer with at least a Bachelor’s degree in the subject field.
For any questions, feedback, or comments, we have an ethical customer support team that is always waiting on the line for your inquiries.
Phone: +1 (708)-515-4480