Complete a Power Point to address the following questions and 2 case studies.
- Title Slide (1 slide)
- Explain the steps involved in CPT coding (2-4 slides)
- What are modifiers and when are they used, provide example (2 slides)
- What are add-ons and when are they used, provide example (2 slides)
- Explain each type of patient (3-5 slides)
- For each case study, complete the 3 steps of CPT coding providing rational for your choice of answer and provide the correct CPT code. (3-4 slides per case study, do not include case study in PowerPoint).
- Slide 1: Summary the case: What do you need to know about the case to start the coding process?
- Slide 2: State the procedure to be completed and where the procedure is taking place (hospital or surgery center). What is the CPT code at this point?