- Follow a standard business format
- Correctly address your Congressperson
- Use the correct postal address
- Explain your choice to write to this representative in particular, and provide your pamphlet. For example, maybe your research showed that this representative sponsored legislation on this issue in the past.
- Define the problem. Tells us exactly what the problem is. Detail its urgency and provide data. Be objective.
- Analyze the problem. Provide relevant data. Tell us how to make sense of the data. Provide any findings
- Offer a recommendation. Do not generalize. Be specific.
- Must be persuasive.
- Cite four scholarly sources
Submit your cover letter and pamphlet for grading.