Organizational Issues and Solutions
Leaders address issues and propose solutions. As a leader, you’ll need to stay on top of events that may facilitate or hinder productivity. You must create and implement solutions to address these issues.
In the assignment preparation, you chose an organization, described its organizational issue, and identified how it hinders organization efficiency. This assignment exposes you to complex modern organizational challenges. The solutions you devise should reflect your learning and research of organizational and individual influences in the workplace.
The new CEO has selected your consulting firm to provide an analysis of the organizational efficiency.
Write a 2–3 page, double-spaced paper in which you will present to the CEO your findings during your research steps. You must propose strategic solutions in your paper to include the following:
- Describe the organization and the issue to resolve:
- Provide a brief description of the organization you selected.
- Present the organizational issue that adversely affected productivity and that you, the consultant, will review and resolve.
- This information can be summarized from your assignment preparation last week. Make sure to incorporate any feedback that you received from your instructor.
- Analyze current corporate culture:
- How has the current corporate culture facilitated the development of the current issue? Research the organization, dig into the culture, and analyze how it contributed to this issue. Hint: Review the mission and vision statements as well as the corporate Web site.
- Identify areas of weakness:
- What are the organization’s areas of weakness as they relate to the issue? Apply your research on organizational behavior approaches to aspects of corporate culture—such as diversity, teamwork, and motivational strategies—to help identify the areas of weakness.