1. Why were the camps commonly referred to as “concentration camps”?
2. Choose one of the concentration camps discussed in the articles and follow the links to learn more about this camp. Describe the camp, including where it was located and what the experience of those brought to the camp would have been.
3. What were the first concentration camps like? What were they used for?
4. How did the camps change after WWII broke out in 1939?
5. Choose one artifact from the Nazi Camps—Artifact/Document page and describe what you chose.
6. What might prisoners in the concentration camps have experienced
during the last year of WWII?